Bonding can feel tricky when you’re competing for attention with your kids’ weekend hangs and dates. Don’t let those eye-rolls and pouts get you down, there are more ways than we can count on one hand to get those creative juices flowing. For starters:
- Make and have dinner together
- Movie night (it’s not too early to cue up Hocus Pocus)
- Plan a concert date
- Co-work together
- Start a book club
- Hit the gym
- Volunteer project for a passionate cause
- Spa & treat-yourself day
- Get crafty with a home improvement project
- Bust out of the board games
And don’t forget…
- For middle schoolers: their hormones and inevitable outbursts make bonding a teeny bit harder, so let them lead. Carving out 2-3 hours of bonding time over the weekend will do just the trick.
- For high schoolers: they’re busy practicing being adults, so don’t be surprised if they show more interest in friends than spending time with you. Seize those mundane moments for exclusive fun!